Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 29: Bikram Yoga Challenge - Class Happens Whether You Are There or Not

60 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge

Even When You Are in Class, Sometimes You Really Aren't

Do you ever have one of those days when you WANT to be in yoga class but your mind is running a million miles a minute through all the OTHER things you need to do that day? That was me today. Class started off ok I guess, I can hardly remember. My mind was so busy noting all the tasks I needed to do and mentally allotting time in my day for each one. During the second set of Awkward I  was doing the third part during the second part. As I put my knees together and started to go down, I  noticed in the mirror everyone else had their knees apart...I quickly moved my knees out. I thought to myself..."are we doing this for the first or second time? Aren't we on the third part?" UGH...that is when you know class is just going to be a "thing" you do, not something you "experience" and participate it.

Oh, I tried to "get into class" but too many things were going through my brain. I'm working on some time sensitive stuff and was expecting some emails back this morning....and class was interrupting that process. But taking class later in the day wasn't going to work either...so, there I was, in class but not really IN class.

And I was suppose to take Advanced again today but clearly THAT wasn't going to happen! If I can't stay focused in the regular class, there is no way I was going to make it through another 90 minutes, my head might have exploded wondering if my emails came in.

As it turns out, it was a good thing I didn't take the Advanced class. My email was acting up and I wasn't receiving all my emails so I had to follow up with some vendors.

Perhaps tomorrow will be better now that I have a few of the "911" purchasing issues taken care of. Either that or I will sit in the back so few people notice my gazing off to look at my to-do list in the shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles