Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

You've Come a Long Way Baby

Checking out a few things on youtube today and found this old video is from 2007 when I did my first yoga competition. I competed at the egging on from the teachers at Bikram Yoga Dallas. I had never competed in yoga before and the idea of getting up on stage and performing postures seemed ridiculous to me. Ridiculous because I didn't feel my practice was worth anything. I had just started a year earlier and certainly wasn't where some of the competitors were in their practices. But after "training" for the competition, I realized it isn't so much about winning. It's about demonstrating yoga to those that might not otherwise see it, in hopes of inspiring others.

I do like the fact that today as I watch this I can see much improvement in my postures. It is true, the body opens up after consistent practice and determination. I still have a long way to go...one day at a time, one class at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles