Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

My focus lately has been on yoga...

My focus lately has been on yoga, if that wasn't already obvious. Going to teacher training left little time for much besides yoga and since I've been back, I've been on my bike twice and only thought of running. I don't really mind though, I've resolved it in my mind I might not make the 24 events I had set my mind to earlier in the year. (Bike Run Yoga has a 2010 challenge going on for people to complete 24 events in 2010.)

Life changes, goals change, things that are important change. It's ok. I've been told change is good by some pretty reputable people. And boy, are things ever changing! (Career, car, lifestyle, necessities, etc.) All in a good way.

My daily calendar of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" quotes and quips says today..."An almost surefire way to begin to reclaim your life is to develop the courage and wisdom to know when and what to quit."

How appropriate since I feel like I reclaimed my life recently with starting a new career as a yoga teacher.  It was hard to do, taking the leap was scary and exciting all at the same time. I'm happy I took the chance, took the opportunity to "reclaim" my life. It's a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say.

Yoga has helped me is so many ways from improving my physical body to improving my mind, focus and calming my brain. I feel lucky and blessed to be able to get up everyday and help others improve themselves from the inside out. It's nice to be able to help others to in their own path to self improvement/self discovery.

So for now, yoga is my "thing". I've committed myself to compete in this years Yoga Championships in September so I'll be practicing yoga more and practicing the Advances Series in preparation. I'll get back to running and biking soon though, can't let all the hard work from last year go to waste.

See you on the mat. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles