Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

I can't wait to see Bikram Choudhury in Dallas!

I am so excited to be seeing Bikram Choudhury in person on September 26th in Dallas. I have heard so many things about him, good and bad, so I am sure this will be a very exciting and thought provoking talk.  There was a recent article about Bikram and his controversial desire to patent his style of hot yoga, I hope he talks about this issue in his talk on the 26th. Patenting his yoga, his desire to have yoga in the Olympics, and his recent franchising of Bikram Yoga all in some way impact my future ability to enjoy this great form of yoga.

As a Bikram yogi for only 4 years, I consider myself a novice at best and am eager to learn all I can. Several years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a retreat in Austin, Texas at The Crossings to see Rajashree Choudhury, Bikram’s wife. It was an amazing few days, Rajashree taught class, critiqued poses, gave alignment advice and gave a nice talk about Bikram Yoga. It was so inspiring! To be taught by a champion and expert Bikram yogi, wow! I left the weekend wanting to take teacher training and open a studio in Austin some day.

I hope that feeling is the same when I see Bikram. Learning from my instructors at Bikram Yoga Dallas is wonderful and I certainly have learned a great deal from them but to hear from the man himself, well, that is just priceless. If you want to see him for yourself, you can come! Bikram will be in Dallas, Texas on September 26, 2009 at the McFarlin Auditorium on the SMU campus. Tickets are available through their website, click here for more details.

If you can’t make it, look for details of his talk on this blog afterwards. I have a feeling I will be inspired to share his great teachings immediately after! (That or run to my closest studio to take class.) Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles