Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

ACL Fest Shells Out Some Awesome Music

Austin weather holds out, first day of ACL Fest is a success.



As I sit under the big tree we always use as a haven, waiting for Kings of Leon to start, I can't help but reflect on the day. It started with great music at a local restaurant, Threadgills, breakfast at Austin Java and finished at one of the best outdoor concerts ever, ACL Fest.

Threadgills and local radio station, KGSR, held early morning "sampler" music sets spotlightinging several ACL Fest singers and bands. Donations of $5 got you in, a breakfast taco and coffee, what a deal! Today's performance donations went to HAAM, Health Alliance for Austin Musicians.


We saw performances by The Greencards, Tom Snider, The Walkman and Mediski, Martin & Wood. My favorite had to be the Greencards. I saw them several years ago and loved them. Tom Snider was very funny, would recommend him if he is playing a gig near you.

After Threadgills, we decided to grab a parking spot close to the festival and walk to grab a bite to eat at Austin Java. I had a yummy breakfast burrito, my second of the morning in case you were counting.

We made the short walk to the festival and waited for the gates to open. As we heard the Starwars theme, the indicator the doors are open, I saw people rushing down to the Livestrong stage and to our tree haven. It was an funny sight for sure. By the time we got in the tree where we sit was almost full and the music hadn't even started!


There was good music like Nelo, The Greencards and Reckless Kelly and not so great music like Bassnectar or pretty much anything else on the Dell stage. One exception is Sound and the Jury, they were on the Dell stage early and were great to watch and had good music.

Its good to have a haven to sit and relax. As sit here and I look around and see people hurrying to Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Kings of Leon and I'm pleased I feel totally content in my chair listening to the music from afar, under the tree. What a beautiful way to end the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles