Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Do you have a "Shower Naked Body"?




Earlier this week I saw a post on facebook that said "Summer is coming...do you have your bikini body?" I felt compelled to respond, not on the post because I clearly DO NOT have my bikini body, but in my own timeline. Here is my post:


I just saw a post asking if I was ready for the summer...did I have my bikini body?! Uh, no. I don't even have a shower naked body. I need more yoga, more crossfit, more running, more vegetables and less procrastination.

Do you ever feel like that? You don't even want to shower naked for fear you MIGHT see something you probably don't want to see. It is that feeling of dread you get when you realize the fat jeans you bought are tight and not because you threw them in the dryer. Or when you try and dress cute and realize all your shirts either pull around the waist or there is more than a muffin top above your pants, it is more like the edge of a pot pie from Marie Calendars. Who needs a pot pie waist?!

I love and hate getting dressed at the yoga studio. Hate it because there are HUGE mirrors from floor to ceiling and it is too easy to catch a glimpse of the side or back view of my hip/ass area and realize that back in the day when they were trying to decide what to call the balled up cheese in a cheese sauce, they might have been looking at my legs and said AH HA, let's call this stuff cottage cheese. Hate it because my body sometimes reminds me of the disproportionate renditions of females from Monet or Renoir where the thighs are big, tummy pooches out and their arms look like cave man clubs. Love it because every time I see myself I sigh and inch closer to getting motivated to actually DO SOMETHING about it.

This is my next step to doing something. I just signed up for my sixth event of the year. The White Rock and Roll is a 5 or 10 mile run, I am doing the 5 miler. I haven't run 5 miles since Thanksgiving so we shall see how it goes. 

I don't think running 5 miles will get me a "bikini body" or even a "shower naked body" but it is definitely better than going to the mall and buying one size larger.




4 comments:

  1. I loved your fb post about the "shower naked body" and I love this post. My favorite part is the closing because you're right, it is definitely better than going to the mall and buying one size larger! Good for you girl, good luck to you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -spelling edits-
    I'd like to lead with my appreciation for your blog. It is inspiring and encouraging to hear you share about these experiences.

    I don't really disagree with anything you say but I wonder if you've ever thought about adding some weights / resistance training to supplement all that running you do and also, to even better "get" said body? I love biking, yoga etc. but I do more of those for the enjoyment of activity, rush of adrenaline and long term minimal-gradual increases in cardiovascular/bone health rather than what (seems) to be the more immediate physical-shape-aesthetic changes... MORE yoga, biking, and running doesn't get you that shower naked body (if that's all you want) as efficiently as some rest and resistance training.

    Here's a better written (and slightly polarizing) blog entry about it that I found entertaining ... http://www.soheeleefitness.com/2012/01/23/cardio-bunny-stop-it-stop-it-now/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan,

    Thank you for your comments. I do add weight training to my workouts, I do Cross Fit and I have weights at home. (It's just not part of the "tri") :)

    I agree with the blog post you added, you do need a SOLID nutritional plan. I was just thinking of that yesterday as I was laying it savasana, my best "body" was when I was using the body bug and watching calories.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles