Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Why do people slurp thorugh their straws?

This post is a little late. I wrote it on the plane on my way to the Bikram Yoga Women's Retreat in Orlando, Florida. (I'll post about that later.)

On the plane headed to Orlando, Fl. for the Bikram Yoga Women's Retreat. Guy on the aisle has a cup with a straw and I swear I heard him slurp the last sip out. I'm almost sure it was him drinking the last of what was in his cup because I thought about all the times I was a young person and was told to NOT slurp the last drops through the straw. The sound can be like nails on a chalkboard. You know, that annoying sounds kids (and some adults) make when they suck into a straw and slurp up the last drops of whatever fabulous beverage was in their cup.

I was thinking of this as I heard this guy slurping through his straw.

Then- as if it was a magic cup, one that refills magically, I hear what sounds like more slurping. Really?! You have more? But you just sucked it all out of the bottom. Nope, there he goes again. Weird I think...and slightly annoying.

In the exact moment I am trying to figure out how this guy got more liquid out of his empty cup I realize the sound isn't coming from him, the sound is coming from the guy next to me sleeping. It was him snoring! It sounded just like someone slurping through a straw! LOL

My only solution? In go the earphones....

I'll post about how the women's retreat was as soon as I can....

6 comments:

  1. That is some seriously serious snoring. This would have been a perfect opportunity for you to give him a business card had you been a doctor.

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to slurp with my straw, just in case there is a delicious drop left! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cycling to Bovilla in Albania is an impressive journey

    if you want more just look here "Adventures Albania"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuestra agencia de Detectives en Sevilla ofrece servicios de investigación privada en cualquier ámbito. Tenemos un despacho de detectives en Sevilla, que además pertenece a una de las mayores agencias de detectives del país, pertenecemos a Grupo Arga Detectives.

    if you want more just look here "agencia detectives Sevilla"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Arga Detective Agency has been for many years,
    developing research as detectives in the field of the community of Madrid, nationally and internationally. Our experience and recognition guarantee us as the most prestigious Detective Agency in Spain

    if you want more just look here "mystery shopper españa"

    ReplyDelete
  6. All K managers are composed of 20 managers who work and are high-quality educated managers. It is a place full of uniqueness differentiated from other companies. From the thoughts and perspectives of your customers, K's business trip massage
    Because it is an operational strategy, the satisfaction of managers is high, so if you believe and call me, thank you

    if you want more just look here "Ulsan Branch Massage"

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles