Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tour Dallas 30 Miles is a Great Ride to See Dallas


Fourth year to ride in the Tour Dallas 30 mile bike ride around Dallas, always a fun ride. It was a cool morning yesterday, perfect riding weather. I haven't spent a lot of time on the bike this year, 30 miles and a leisure pace was a good way to get back in the saddle.


I am pretty sure it was the same route as last year but I have to say, the hills seemed much larger this year, probably due to the lack of riding I've been doing. Or it could be because I decided to do an online workout (I'll post about that later) yoga and work in the yard for two days and my  legs and arms were shot before I started. My quads felt like I had been 80 miles and my knee started to hurt about mile 23-24 which I thought was just silly so I pushed through.

As I rode along I thought back to when I purchased my bike and how I thought 30 miles was a LONG distance! My friend and I had signed up for the Tour Italy 30 miles and actually "trained" so we could ride that far. Now 30 miles is an easy ride around White Rock Lake a couple of times. This thought made the last miles not so bad.

Hoping to get on the bike more this year, tossing around the idea of doing the Hotter N Hell again this year. We'll see. This event makes four in my Bike Run Yoga Challenge of 12 events in 2012. Maybe I can get one more in before the month ends.

What rides or runs are you looking forward to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles