Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Six miles out of 100 done; I sense an elephant analogy coming on...

"How do you eat an elephant?" 
"One bite at a time."

"How do you run 100 miles?"
"One mile, one interval, heck, one minute at a time."

Ran a little over 3 miles along the lake with @jessdavis_dfw. This puts me at 6 miles in my 100 miles in May Challenge. I still have a long way to go. :) I have 31 days left, thank goodness the challenge started April 28th, and 97 miles. That's a little over 3 miles a day, every day. EEKK! Oh sure, I could do a long run and then not run some days. But really, does anyone really think I am going to run at all?

I surprised myself with running today. It was run or Bikram yoga; I couldn't do both today, I felt dehydrated earlier when I was teaching and I knew I had yard work to do still. I was thinking it might be helpful if I got was of those iv things and a canister that I can wheel behind me that is filled with fluids. It would make running and teaching much more difficult but at least I would be hydrated!

And my lack of hydration is not due to a lack of drinking water or electrolytes. I had over 180 oz of water yesterday and today I have had over 80. As a point of reference, the average person ideally should drink about half their weight in water/fluids daily. FYI, I don't weigh 360 lbs. I do however sweat all the time and just about everything I do, run, bike, yoga, yard work, makes me sweat buckets of water.

I ran, I mowed, I drank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles