Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My jeans shrunk overnight

I got up this morning and slipped on my most comfortable jeans and was a bit disappointed when I had a hard time buttoning them. I've had these jeans for almost a decade; they are perfectly worn in and fit loose enough they make me feel slim and fit. Ugh. This happens from time to time...too many Starbucks snacks, too little exercise. Time to get moving.

I recently read in Women's Running Magazine the best way to "stay fit", "lose weight", or whatever your goal is, is to find and event and do it. I whole heartily believe this is true. When you set a goal like a marathon, half marathon or even a 5k, the training involved helps achieve the goal. This of course assumes you train which I have a tenancy not to do.

But I am committing to an event; the White Rock Centennial Half Marathon on May 7, 2011. Will it achieve my goal of having my comfy jeans loose again? We'll see, I'll keep you posted. Training will certainly help!

This will be my 3rd event in my Bike Run Yoga Challenge; completing 12 events in 2011. For those of you in the challenge, how are you doing? Need an event? Come run the White Rock Centennial Half Marathon with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles