Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Next Race - Tour De Fleurs Sept 15th


I'm finally running in another race, the last one was in May. I lost my steam as Summer hit and life somehow got busy. That seems to be my excuse lately, "life" got in the way of me living life. I don't know why but I seem to never have enough time to do all the things I want to do.

I had seen am email about the Tour De Fleurs and had decided I wasn't running in it for two reasons, cost and it was a few days before I turn the dreaded four-O. Somehow the idea of running my last race in my 30's after not running for months didn't seem like a smart way to end a decade. Then a friend texted me and asked if I wanted to run with her to help her train for the Tour De Fleurs...at 5:30 am! The real answer to that question is no. No, I don't want to run, no I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn, or before....ever. But when a friend wants to run and needs someone to run with, you can't be selfish and snuggle further under the covers of a warm bed, no, you have to say yes and get your ass out of bed and go run. So I did.

We ran for an hour. Yes, that's right....after not running for nearly 3 months I ran for an hour. I WANTED to stop running after 2 miles but as I was eyeing my watch and asking when we were turning around, my friend stated plainly, "you can run for an hour Carolyn". Ugh, fine! (I have always needed that extra push.) So we ran. It wasn't that bad. It never is. The IDEA of running is always way worse than the actual act of picking up your feet and moving forward. And I didn't die; my shins hurt for a few days but life didn't end from getting up at the crack of dawn and running.

The next week we ran not quite as long, giving my shins a break, and went to Bikram yoga after. That felt MUCH better!

I think after a few more runs I should be ready to run in the 10K Tour De Fleurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles