Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

I Have Officially Run in My First Marathon.

4/13/09 - I have officially run in my first marathon. Granted, it was a half, but for those of you who do not know, that is 13.1 miles! I decided to run in the Big D marathon/half marathon after I realized I could not ride 30 miles and run 13 all in the same day. The Big D half marathon was my answer! So I ran Sunday, April 5, 2009 13.l miles and finished in 2 hours 40 minutes 23 seconds. This time is the fastest run I have had to date! Running with others really made a difference, I think this was a good test for how San Diego will go.

I also ran 13 miles this past weekend in Austin. It took me 4 minutes longer but in my defense, I had more obstacles and no gum! Gum you ask?! Well, apparently gum is the magic to running long distances, that and an ipod with great music. I got started and ran about 5 minutes and realized I had not remembered gum. I toughed it out but honestly, I'm not sure those around me appreciated it. I found myself humming and grunting a lot which I don't recall doing when I have gum. So, must remember gum!

And oh, the knees! Goodness! I am normally not prone to injuries which I attribute to the yoga I have been doing but lately on long runs my knees ache and have a hard time working. So if you see me hobbling around, just know it is because I probably ran over 13 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments but please be respectful! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted. Thank you, Namaste.

New Bag Styles